About The Briar Rose – Vacation Rental – Holiday Cottage – your home from home in North East England
Located in the Vale of Durham on the cusp of Durham and Tyne and Wear in North East England this highly rated property is perfectly located for those wishing to explore this fantastic part of the country, be it for business or pleasure. Only 5 minutes (3 miles) from the A1(M), close to Durham, Beamish, Washington, Sunderland, Gateshead, Newcastle and South Shields, the Briar Rose holiday cottage is in an excellent position to get about the region. Nearby bus stops will take the traveller to Beamish, Sunderland, Washington, Gateshead and Newcastle. Guests wishing to explore the Tyne Tees region would be challenged to find a better base given its proximity to the major towns, blue flag beaches and northern dales. The property was awarded a Certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor for 2018 and 2017 thanks to the excellent reviews from our guests.
About The Owner
Ray originates from North East England and his work has has taken him to many countries around the globe where is has stayed in numerous forms of accommodation from converted shipping containers , rented properties, staff houses and of course 5 star international hotels. Of primary importance is cleanliness of the accommodation and a place that enables the guest to comfortably relax and get a good night sleep. These key properties along with a good internet connection are found at The Briar Rose and can be verified in the many testaments left by satisfied guests – see guest reviews.
The Briar Rose Self Catering Accommodation Holiday Rental and Short Term Let – Details
The property was totally refurbished in 2016. It is a semi detached two bedroom bungalow with front and back gardens, set in a quiet residential area in the village of Shiney Row. It comprises:
- a new very well equipped large modern kitchen diner with electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, drier, and smart TV;
- a new bathroom with shower cubical and separate bath;
- a large comfortably furnished lounge that seats 8. The lounge contains a TV and DVD player and has an electric fire to give extra warmth and ambiance.
- a large master bedroom with a king size bed,
- a second bedroom with a double bed,
- a fold away bed and ample bedding is available on request for a 5th guest, ;
- a comfortably furnished lounge with TV and DVD player.
- The south facing enclosed rear garden and patio provides a sheltered and secluded sitting out area.
- Network connections and hi speed wifi are available.
- The bungalow has gas central heating and hot water on demand.
- Bed linen and towels are supplied and a daily housekeeping service is optional.
- A weekly housekeeping service is included in the price for guests staying longer than 1 week
Things To Do In North East England
The area has lots to offer the visitor; From June to mid September Bishop Auckland has its spectacular Kynren festival; In July there is the Tynemouth festival , the Sunniside festival and the annual Sunderland air show. In September 2019 the highly acclaimed Lumiere will return to Durham. In October Durham hosts its annual Book Festival. Mid October to mid November the Sunderland Illuminations are a must visit event and there are a number of Dark Sky venues taking place in the nearby dales, which proved to be very popular in 2017. Throughout the year there are ongoing exhibitions and events at Beamish Museum, Durham Cathedral, Washington Arts Centre, Sunderland Gateshead & Newcastle museums and theatres. There are weekly farmers markets in Durham, Washington and Gateshead.
Lumley Castle with its Elisabethan banquets and shows, and the Riverside Cricket ground are both on the doorstep. Within 20 minutes of the property there is the choice of; major sporting attractions, sporting activities, shopping facilities, clean pristine blue flag beaches, abundant country and coastal walks, parks, nature reserves, museums, pubs, restaurants, night life, theaters – in fact something for everyone. The bungalow is ideally situated for our guests to explore and experience many of these. We suggest visiting the following website to get a flavour of the area. http://www.visitnortheastengland.com/
Travelling Around Co. Durham & Tyne & Wear
Ample parking is available at The Briar Rose. The property driveway can easily accommodate 2 cars. It is in close proximity to bus routes with direct links to Sunderland, Washington, Gateshead and Newcastle. The closest Metro station is South Hylton, a short taxi ride, which provides a link to Newcastle airport via Sunderland and Newcastle. Local shops and amenities are only a 9 minute walk away and there are several good country pubs within a 3 mile radius.